weberdry PUR Trans New Product
- 5 kg Metal Pails
- 20 kg Metal Pails
Transparent waterproofing membrane ideal for balconies, tiled surface, glass and for protection of natural stones
weberdry PUR trans is a transparent, hard-elastic, one component, aliphatic polyurethane, high-solids coating, used for long-lasting waterproofing. This high-technology coating is UV-stable, non-yellowing, weather stable, alkali- and chemical resistant and even after ageing it remains transparent and elastic.
weberdry PUR trans protects and waterproofs mineral surfaces against water penetration, frost, smog and acid rain. Aged and oxidized plastic surfaces look more transparent after coating with weberdry PUR trans. It waterproofs damaged glass surfaces and protects glass fragments in case of breaking.
weberdry PUR trans is used also as a transparent binder resin for sand- carpet floor coating applications, especially in exterior applications where flexibility and UV stability is required.
weberdry PUR trans is using a unique curing system (moisture triggered) and does not form bubbles.
- Simple application (roller).
- When applied forms seamless transparent membrane.
- UV stable.
- Resistant to water and frost.
- Provides water vapour permeability.
- Provides excellent thermal resistance, it does not turn soft.
- Provides excellent weather resistance.
- Maintains its mechanical properties over a temperature span of -40°C to +90°C.
- Provides excellent adhesion to tiles and glazed surface.
- The waterproofed surface can be used for domestic (low) pedestrian traffic.
- Resistant to detergents, oils, seawater and domestic chemicals.
- Even if the membrane gets mechanically damaged, it can be easily repaired locally.
- Used as a binder resin for sand-carpet applications, provides high elasticity and flexibility, making it ideal for applications on balconies and terraces.
Surfaces with trapped moisture (e.g. trapped moisture under tiles) must be left to dry completely (max. 5% moisture), before the application of the coating.
Do not apply weberdry PUR trans on ceramic surfaces with ascending nitric salts in the joints, without suitable pre-treatment. Do not apply on surfaces treated in the past with active silane, siloxane, silicon or other water-repellents, because of expected poor adhesion. We recommend an adhesion test if circumstances and surface history are not clear. On marble and granite stones an adhesion test is mandatory.
If applied on transparent plastics (polycarbonate, polyacrylate, etc) do not use the weberprim PUR tile